Background of Topic:
The Z Club and Golden Z Club program is one of Zonta International’s longest-running programs. Z clubs and Golden Z clubs help high school, college and university students develop leadership skills, promote career exploration and encourage members to participate in community, school and international service projects.
Young people are a driving force for change and they use their knowledge power and passion to challenge negative attitudes, gender stereotypes and behavior that can lead to violence against women and girls.
Ideas for the Day:
- Share messages on the Golden Z club and Z club Facebook pages regarding gender discrimination on campus and in your school.
- Work with youth activists and student groups to organize an event, fundraiser, concert, or walk/run to raise awareness of the issue. Get a reporter to cover your school event.
- Turn your campus orange to support the Zonta Says NO to Violence Against Women Campaign. Distribute information about the campaign and facts about violence against women and girls.
- Write letters to your school newspaper editors to raise awareness of the issue.
- Use orange chalk to #orangeurhood on campus, and encourage all students to get involved.
Hashtag: #ZontaSaysNO #orangeurhood #16Days
Images and Videos to Share:
- Watch for a video on the Zonta Says NO Facebook page of the Z Club and Golden Z Club members from around the world sharing their experience with gender inequality and violence on their campus.