Background of Topic:
The UN General Assembly proclaimed 10 December as Human Rights Day in 1950, to bring to the attention ‘of the peoples of the world’ the Universal Declaration of Human Rights as the common standard of achievement for all peoples and all nations.
Ideas for the Day:
- Share your personal and club highlights from the past 16 days on the Zonta Says NO to Violence Against Women Facebook page, using hashtags #ZontaSaysNO and #16Days.
- Host a Zonta club meeting and discuss gender inequality and violation of the human rights of women as a root cause of violence against women, and how the post-2015 development agenda can further efforts to prevent and eliminate violence against women and girls.
- Collaborate with other organizations like Zonta that work on issues regarding women worldwide. Offer workshops and seminars together.
- Follow @UNrightswire on Twitter to learn more about women’s human rights.
Hashtag: #ZontaSaysNo #16Days
Images/Videos to Share:
- Video: A wrap-up of the 16 Days and Zonta Says NO to Violence Against Women Campaign. The video will be posted on the Zonta Says NO Facebook page.