Background of Topic:
The UN Secretary-General’s UNiTE to End Violence against Women campaign, managed by UN Women, has proclaimed every 25th of the month as “Orange Day” – a day to take action to raise awareness and prevent violence against women and girls.
Initiated and led by the UNiTE campaign Global Youth Network, Orange Day calls upon activists, governments and UN partners to mobilize people and highlight issues relevant to preventing and ending violence against women and girls, not only once a year, on 25 November (International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women), but every month.
Organization Tie-in: Unite To Say NO: http://www.un.org/en/women/endviolence
Ideas for the Day:
- Organize a walk with your club. Include local government officials and relevant stakeholders to mark the 16 Days of Activism. Wear orange t-shirts, and carry Zonta Says No to Violence Against Women signs, banners and posters. Visit zontasaysno.com to get ideas from other Zonta clubs.
- Educate members of your local community about the importance of ending violence against women and girls. Share statistics and invite them to support the Zonta Says NO to Violence Against Women campaign.
- Twibbon your profile picture: http://twb.ly/2HECCO1R or change your profile picture to the Zonta Says No to Violence Against Women campaign logo that can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9lw6yqpqsk7hp0j/AACwkKUzDkG7BbGd_VZzF8bSa?dl=0
- Wear orange all day to show your support!
- Get together with club members and form the word “NO” with your bodies. Take a picture, and share it on the Zonta Says No Facebook page. See the image below as an example.
Hashtags: #ZontaSaysNO #OrangeUrHood
Images/Videos to Share:
- A Promise is a Promise: UN-Secretary-General’s Campaign UNiTE to End Violence Against Women: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yvT85TitEI
- Click the image below to open, then right click to save.