The Zonta Club of Petoskey Area in Michigan, USA, District 15, asked its members to say no to violence by saying yes to kindness.
Members participated in the following acts of kindness:
- Made lasagna and took it to two local women’s organizations
- Took a meal to a woman recovering from surgery
- Packed treat bags with daughter and Girl Scout troop for Manna Project (the local food bank)
- Helped two women with pro-bono legal work
- Bought doughnuts for two people in line at a local bakery
- Bought lunch for someone who was having a busy day
- Helped Plunkett and Cooney law firm buy, serve and clean up at the First Presbyterian soup kitchen lunch
- Bought lunch for a cashier at a retail store
- Helped with Flowers for Friends, a local organization that takes flowers to people in the community and facilities to brighten their days (nursing homes, retirement communities, shelters, homebound individuals)
- Drove a woman with an intellectual disability to her job
- Purchased and took a plant to a woman who needed a boost.
- All members brought feminine hygiene items to donate to a local paper pantry.